Education & Training
We offer the below awards and courses when our volunteer trainers are available. Click on each to read the course description and minimum requirements.
ANNUAL BRONZE & SRC REQUALS DATES ARE TBA – KEEP AN EYE OUT IN THE NEWSLETTER OR ON SOCIALS.
Busselton SLSC are running a Bronze & SRC course in late October and early November:
Sunday 22/10 between 8.30-11.30am: Pre-requisite swims at GLC
Sunday 29/10 9am – 3.30pm: In person attendance at Busselton SLSC
Sunday 12/11 9am – 12pm: BRONZE only in person attendance at Busselton SLSC
Sunday 12/11 12.30 – 3.30pm: Assessment for both Bronze & SRC at Busselton SLSC
To book in for this course, please ensure your membership is up to date and then email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE to complete you SRC or Bronze:
1. To complete this training, you must be a registered & paid member of a SLSWA Club for the current season
2. SRC candidates must be a minimum of 13 years of age and Bronze must be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment (both courses are run together as one group)
3. A reasonable level of fitness is required as candidates must perform simulated ocean rescues using a variety of equipment (rescue boards & tubes)
4. Skills taught are resuscitation and patient care, basic first aid, surf awareness and skills, rescue techniques and patrols
5. You are expected to be in attendance at all of the training sessions and must be available for the assessment date
6. Please bring a packed lunch, water bottle and swimming gear
7. Assessment booklets and online theory details will be provided a week or two before the start date
8. Training will be provided by volunteer trainers from Smiths Beach & Busselton SLS Clubs
Bronze Medallion & Surf Rescue Certificate Training