Role: The Chief Financial Management Officer for the Surf Club and is directly responsible to the President and Management Committee and Executive.
Key Relationships: This role reports to the Club President
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare a budget and monitor it carefully
- Maintain the club’s accounting records including detailed records of all payments and monies received
- Facilitate an annual audit, presenting the details to members at the Annual General Meeting.
- Produce relevant and timely financial reports and submit these to each management committee meeting as required and ensure they are understood.
- Show evidence that money received is banked and documentation provided for all money paid out (full details of all receipts as required for Taxation (BAS).
- Ensure the Club complies with relevant Legislation and Regulations regarding financial matters
- Send out accounts
- Payment of accounts
- Maintain register of sponsor’s details
- Look after insurance paperwork and payments
- Maintain register of Club’s Motorised equipment, Boats and Trailer Registrations, etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required:/p>
- Well organised and able to work unsupervised and be self motivated
- Ability to maintain books
- Ability to keep correct up to date records
- Able to work in a logical orderly manner
- Time management skills
- Maintain a policy of loyalty to the surf club and its activities whilst maintaining confidentiality and respect towards members
- Awareness of information, needed for the Annual Audit.
- National Police Clearance