Role: The President is elected by the members and responsible for representing the views of the members.
Responsible to: Committee
Responsibilities and Duties
- As per any express provisions made by the Club’s Constitution
- Principal leader with overall responsibility for the club’s administration.
- Set the overall annual committee agenda, help the committee priorities its goals and work within a framework.
- Facilitate committee, executive and annual general meetings
- Sets the overall annual committee agenda (consistent with the views of members).
- Helps the committee prioritise its goals and then keeps the committee on track by working within that overall framework
- Represent the surf club at local, state and national levels.
- Act as a facilitator for surf club activities and represent member’s views.
- Ensure planning and budgeting is in accordance with the wishes of the members.
- Ensure all rules and regulations of the club are upheld.
- Encourage sponsors and supporters providing them with value for their investment financial, social and structural viability of the club.
- Identify and communicate to members the threats, challenges and opportunities available to the club.
- Be responsible for planning, including succession.
- At the operational level, the major function of the President is to facilitate effective committee meetings.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Good communication skills
- Well informed of the organisation’s activities
- Aware of future directions and plans of members
- Demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm when representing the club to members, other organisations and the general public.
- Maintain a policy of loyalty to the surf club and its activities whilst maintaining confidentiality and respect towards members.
- Maintain effective and efficient administration.
- Have a good working knowledge of the constitution, rules and the duties of all office holders and subcommittees.
- National Police Clearance